THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Color choices for the modern Quilter

Dienstag, 31. Mai 2011

I love to look for color combinations. Yet light blue was actually never really my thing. Pyjamas for little boys, blue panties, modest old-fashioned blue-grey. But then I found this light blue, while browsing through a magazine

Ich liebe es, nach Farbkombinationen zu suchen. Doch Hellblau war eigentlich noch nie so richtig mein Fall. Schlafanzüge für kleine Jungs, Schlüpferblau, bescheidenes altmodisches Blaugrau.
Doch dann fand ich dieses Hellblau, beim Blättern durch eine Zeitschrift


and I thought it was a real eye-catcher: cool azure blue, fresh, almost like turquoise, but not too cold with a touch of warm grey in it, and then combined with an spectacular color "Lacquers Red". That alone would have been a great, modern color combination, but it pairs especially nice with silver, white, black and little spicy accents in yellow, terracotta and brown.

„Zum Gucken“ steht da, und ich fand das auch einen wirklichen Hingucker: kühles Azurblau, frisch, fast wie türkis, dennoch nicht kalt mit einem Hauch von warmem Grau darin und dann kombiniert mit einer Wahnsinnsfarbe „Lackrot“. Das allein hätte schon eine tolle, moderne Farbkombination gemacht, aber ganz besonders schön wird es durch silber, weiß, schwarz und kleinen würzenden Akzenten in Gelb, Teracotta und Braun.

This is my modern azure blue color palette. Let's see what fabrics I can find for. I will show them in a following post.

Dies ist meine moderne Azurblau-Farbpalette. Mal sehen, welche Stoffe ich dazu finden kann. Die werde ich dann in einem nächsten Post zeigen.

How about you? What’s your favourite shade of blue?

Was ist dein liebster Blauton?


7 Kommentare:

stufenzumgericht hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte,
ich bin eigentlich gar nicht so ein "Blautonfan" aber in deiner Kombi hat er was ;-)
GlG, Martina

Mady hat gesagt…

Hallo Brigitte,ich liebe die Farbe Blau und dies in allen Nuancen,voll hell- bis dunkelblau,indigo,marine,
türkis,royalblau...die ganze Palette
eben.Freue mich schon auf deinen Vorschlag,denn du hast immer Superideen was Farbkombinationen betrifft!!
Liebe Grüsse
Mady

Rebecca hat gesagt…

Hi, Brigitte! I'm hopping over from the SITS forum. I love the palette! No, your elevator pitch does not sound conceited! In order to sell your site, you need to appear to be the Quilt Saviour of the Modern World! lol And your English is fantastic! I think I'll lurk around your site a bit and see if I can resurrect any of the German I studied in school. ;^)

Keep creating!!! Your work is beautiful!

Lotte Lu and Brother Too hat gesagt…

Brigitte, I'm also hopping over from the SITS forum and I don't think it sounds conceited! I love it. It's hard for some people to think "modern quilt" and your blog sums it all up pretty well! I'm loving the color palettes and the advice you give!

Have a great week!

pat sloan hat gesagt…

Email me Bridget.. I''m doing the 31 days with you

pat sloan
http://www.patsloan.com

pat@patsloan.com

Brigitte hat gesagt…

@Rebecca
But great that I'm not the only saviour - would't that be kind of to much burden ;-)

Margaret Almon hat gesagt…

I'm stopping over from the SITS Crafty Bloggers. I love how colors interact with each other, and change depending on the context. I love blue with a hint of green in it.

.

 
site design by designer blogs