THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Falling in love with Lucy

Donnerstag, 25. März 2010

Some women of my age are very excited to tell about their first grand children (well, those are the very early ones). And of course, the first grandchild will be wrapped in a beautiful quilt. I've become also a grandma. A "cat granny" - because my daughter has recently got a little cat - sweet, pretty, smart - with whom she has visited me at the weekend. It happened to me too, I'm also that "oh let me sew something wonderful for this sweet being" victim. Is it really true or is it just me thinking that cats love the quilts and snuggle in it with preference? Even during the sewing process, as only two! rows (10 cm) were laid out on the floor for composing the set, Lucy has placed herself exactly on this little piece, even getting her tail fitting on those four inches, and looking upon us in a matter saying "mine” . That’s Lucy's Cat Quilt
Manche Frauen in meinem Alter erzählen schon ganz begeistert von ihren ersten Enkelkindern (na gut, die ganz früh dran waren). Und natürlich werden die ersten Enkel in froher Erwartung mit einem hübschen Quilt empfangen.
Ich bin auch Oma geworden. Eine „Katzenoma“ – denn meine Tochter hat seit einigen Wochen eine kleine Katze - süß, hübsch, smart – mit der sie mich am Wochenende besucht hat. Es ist mir auch passiert, ich bin auch diesem „ich näh was schönes für dieses süße Wesen Virus“ zum Opfer gefallen. Bilde ich es mir nur ein, oder stimmt es tatsächlich, dass Katzen die Quilts lieben und sich mit Vorliebe darauf kuscheln? Schon im Entstehungsprozess, als nur zwei ! Reihen (10 cm breit) auf dem Fußboden zum Zusammensetzten des Sets auslagen, hat sich Lucy millimetergenau auf diese Reihen draufplatziert, den Schwanz noch so um sich geschlängelt, dass er auch noch auf die zehn Zentimeter passte und uns angesehen als wollte sie sagen „meins“.
Voilà – Lucy’s Katzenquilt

2 Kommentare:

Quilts on Bastings hat gesagt…

Fabulous quilting - love it. Lucky cat!

Jan hat gesagt…

Hi Brigitte, I am a FB friend too. :) Just saw your blog in todays posts. I just started a blog last month and am enjoying it very much.
I just love this quilt you made for your grand-kitty-daughter lol, it's just beautiful, as is the kitty! So cute!!! My two cats also love their blankets, I have made theirs out of fleese or fuzzy material.
I am really enjoying reading your blog.

Jan Trubell Warner

.

 
site design by designer blogs