THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Finally I may reveal a secret…

Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2012

when the postman rang at my door yesterday he had an envelope from U.S. to deliver. Inside there was a sample issue of “Fons and Porter, Love of Quilting” featuring my quilt White Labyrinth. How exciting is this!

F&P_1

Well, as wonderful as it is  reaching not only the modern quilters’ taste and the readers of newest Quilt Scene with my style but also a group of traditional quilters who love using their skills and experiences to make an elegant quilt like this Log Cabin version – to tell about being featured is not a secret.

 

 

But now – take a closer look and see this - what I’m simply enthusiastically thrilled about …

F&P_2

When I came home last May from Quilt Market, I reported about all the warm welcome I got and the opportunities opening and that all effort was worth it and that there is something in the air. At this time I had to keep it for myself until it becomes official, and now I can finally tell you all about this:

F&P_3

My fabrics are produced by Moda! They are right now in the mill for strike offs and will be presented on the Spring Quilt Market in Kansas this May. Bolts will be available in stores soon!
Can you imagine how exciting it is to see a selvedge with your name on it? It feels like 10 Christmases and Easters falling together when you find yourself finally at a point on your way which has been a long dreamed goal. I couldn’t be more excited!

To work with one of the leading quilt fabric manufacturers is not only an honor for me, it’s an inspiration, it fuels my flame of creativity, it helps me grow in what I’m doing as a designer. We even have a second fabric line for fall on our schedule. I so love to join the Moda designers, to be “a new member of the family”. I can honestly say I’m just grateful.

Thanks to you all who love my approach to quilts, who encourage me to be authentic in my style, who cheer me up in my creativity!
It means a lot to me!

Als der Briefträger gestern an meiner Tür klingelte, hatte er einen Umschlag aus USA in der Hand. Er brachte mir ein Referenzexemplar von “Fons and Porter, Love of Quilting”, das meinen Quilt White Labyrinth veröffentlicht. Wie schön!

Nun – so gerne ich es sehe, nicht nur den Geschmack der modernen Quilter oder Leser der neuesten “Quilt Scene” zu erreichen, sondern auch eine Gruppe eher traditioneller Quilterinnen, die mit ihren handwerklichen Fertigkeiten und ihrem Erfahrungsschatz auch gerne einen eleganten Log Cabin nähen  - über diesen Zeitschriftenbeitrag zu erzählen, ist jetzt kein Geheimnis.

Aber nun schau etwas genauer hin, dann entdeckst du das, was mein Herz einfach vor Freude springen lässt:

Als ich letzten Mai vom Quilt Market zurückkam, berichtete ich über die herzliche Aufnahme, all die Möglichkeiten, die sich aufgetan hatten, und dass sich all meine Anstrengungen ausgezahlt hatten und – dass da noch etwas in der Luft liegt. Damals musste ich diese Neuigkeit noch für mich behalten, bis sie offiziell wurde, und jetzt kann ich es endlich verraten:

Meine Stoffe werden von Moda produziert! Momentan sind sie gerade für erste Vorabproben in der Druckerei und werden im Mai auf dem Quilt Market in Kansas auf den Markt gebracht. Die Stoffe werden also schon bald in den Läden als Meterware zu kaufen sein!
Kannst du dir vorstellen, wie toll es sich anfühlt, wenn man eine Webkante mit dem eigenen Namen darauf in Händen hält? Es fühlt sich für mich an wie 10 Weihnachten und Ostern zusammen, wenn man auf seiner Wegstrecke an einem lang geträumten Ziel ankommt. Ich freu mich riesig!

Mit einer Firma zu arbeiten, die auf dem Quiltstoffmarkt mit führend ist, ist nicht nur eine gewisse Ehre für mich, es ist eine Inspiration, schürt meine Kreativität, hilft mir mich in meiner Arbeit als Designerin weiter zu entwickeln.
Es gibt sogar schon eine zweite Kollektion für die Herbstmesse.
Ich bin wirklich happy damit, zu den Modadesignern zu gehören und in diesem sehr familiären Team zu arbeiten.

Dankeschön für all die Kommentare, die mich ermutigen, mein Quiltdesign weiter zu verfolgen und mich mit ihrem positiven feedback für immer neue Ideen inspirieren!

27 Kommentare:

Vivian hat gesagt…

Congratulation! I happened across your blog from "Freshly Pieced" WIP. I love your quilt and how great is it to have a fabric line and a quilt in a magazine.

Susanne hat gesagt…

Na sowas von herzlichen Glückwunsch :) ich kann deine Aufregung verstehen. Das ist genial :)
Susanne

Esch House Quilts hat gesagt…

Congratulations, Brigitte! What an excitement filled post. I love the White Labyrinth quilt - neutral quilts always speak to me.

And a fabric line - that is SO exciting! I can't wait to see the fabric. I will be attending Quilt Market in Kansas City so I'll be able to see them then. Will you be in Kansas City?

Mary hat gesagt…

I have become...well...addicted to your blog since i came across it a couple weeks ago. I knew you had a very successful future in store for you! Congratulations on now bring a Moda designer!!

Greta hat gesagt…

Congrats! You quilt is beautiful and I love the fabrics. It's so hard to find calm lines sometimes. Don't get me wrong I love bright and cheerful fabrics but sometimes I love a nice calm quilt as well.

Heidi aus Wien hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte !
Herzlichen Glückwunsch ! Ich bin sicher , dass du auch in Zukunft noch viele gute Ideen haben wirst .
Liebe Grüße von Heidi aus Wien

quilthexle hat gesagt…

WOW !! Toll - obertoll - einfach gigantisch TOLL !!!! Das freut mich sooo sehr für Dich ;-))) Mach weiter so - Du bist für ganz viele ein leuchtendes Vorbild!

Sequana hat gesagt…

FINALLY! :) I've been waiting for yardage of yours seems like forever. All I have is that little set of fat eights, and I hate to use them.

Congrats on being welcomed to the Moda family. That's as close to a Royal Family in the fabric world as there can be.

stufenzumgericht hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte,
herzlichen Glückwunsch, das ist eine supertolle Nachricht. Auch ich hoffe, bald mal eine oder auch zwei Webkanten mit deinem Namen drauf in den Händen zu halten *LOL* GlG, Martina

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ganz herzliche Glückwünsche, liebe Brigitte, na wenn das nicht ein tolles Ereignis ist, was dann? Deine Farben und Ideen sind aber auch druckenswert. Congratulation! Liebe Grüße Barbara, die so still und leise vor sich hin quiltet und bloggt und manchmal auch verreist ...

Trudi hat gesagt…

Congratulations Brigitte! Finally, :) Look forward to going to my LQS and saying I know the designer of Juggling Summer! I'm over the moon for you x

Becky hat gesagt…

Congrats!! Love it!

Carol hat gesagt…

Congratulations! I just bought this pattern for myself for Christmas and I just got yards of tan and cream. I was pondering what to use for the asst. prints - now I can hold out for yours! How exciting for you.

Katherine hat gesagt…

Congratulations, Brigitte! I'm thrilled for you. I love your designs and am super excited that you now have a line of fabric. Can't wait to see it!

Marjorie's Busy Corner hat gesagt…

Well congratulations Brigette

Shocking Hocking hat gesagt…

congrats - your quilt is fantastic and how very exciting for you re the fabric line

Marianne hat gesagt…

Congratulations Brigitte! How wonderful to have your quilt published AND your first fabric line. Too much excitement for just one post!

Irelle hat gesagt…

I just received my copy of the magazine yesterday and LOVE your quilt. I am so excited that you are coming out with your own fabric line. Can't wait!! I am definitely putting your quilt on my to do list!!! Also love your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

Fran hat gesagt…

Congratulations, so exciting for you. I've admired your work for ages & think that designing your own fabric for Moda is a natural extension. I can't wait for it to be released as I'd love to make a quilt with your lovely fabric. Well done!

Sharon hat gesagt…

Love this quilt, infact I just finished piecing my blocks last night and I can't wait to get it on the design wall. Of course I had to use different fabric!!! Congratulations!

blauraute hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte,
meinen ganz herzlichen Glückwunsch zu diesem Aufstieg. Martina hat mich mit dem Webkantennähen angsteckt, gerade liegen die ersten Topflappen für eine liebe Freundin unter der Maschine. Es wäre wunderbald, bald auch Deine Nähkanten vernähen zu dürfen. Ich hoffe doch sehr, dass ich bei meinem nächsten Besuch in OWL bei Dir die passenden Stoffe für meinen schwarz-weißen Wandbehang finden werde, damit Du ihn dann auch quilten kannst
Liebe Grüße
Roswitha

Mady hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte,ich freue mich mit Dir!!
Das ist einfach phantastisch!
Der von dir entworfene Quilt ist superschön und ich bin am Überlegen ob ich diesen nachnähen soll.
Auf jeden Fall schicke ich dir meine herzlichen Glückwünsche und mach weiter so!!
Beste Grüsse

Westfalenmaedel hat gesagt…

Liebe Brigitte,

ganz herzliche Glückwünsche auch von mir. Mach weiter so!!!

Liebe Grüße aus Delbrück von
Karin

jacquie hat gesagt…

congratulations!!! i had a feeling!

Karen Ackva hat gesagt…

Congratulations, Brigitte! Keep up the good work and keep inspiring us! I look forward to creating my own patchwork with your very own collection.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Großartig! Herzlichen Glückwunsch!! Ich hatte auch schon mal Stoffe mit meinem Namen auf der Webkante, ich weiß, wie stolz man da ist! Freut mich sehr!
Hilke

Cordula Klöfkorn hat gesagt…

Herzliche Glückwunsch! Freue mich auf weitere so wunderschöne Quilts und jetzt Stoffkollektionen von Dir. LG Cordula

.

 
site design by designer blogs