THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Color formula 2

Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2007

I often like to use an impressing picture for example of a landscape
and take the most important colors as a guide for my quilt design. Here I could use a very popular color scheme from darkest blue to white
which colors my design like this

I think it's not too bad, but the colors are very pure. May be a good effect (think of Japanese indigo quilts), but could be also a little bit boring. So my second try will be to look for more nuances. In the picture I saw greens and browns too.

This wider range looks livelier.

Well, I like this one better, but best I like to add a very little pinch of exotic spice, means a contrasting color like a warm red in these cool blues.

That will do.

3 Kommentare:

YankeeQuilter hat gesagt…

I saw your comment on Bonnie's blog and came by for a visit.

That is a very intersting color exercise. I like the final combination best with the bits of contrast scattered through the quilt.

Siobhan

Nettie hat gesagt…

Hi Brigitte,

I like these too, and your tulip color exercise. You have a good eye. Nice start to your blog.

I live in Hamburg. What city do you live in? I don't really know any quilters in Germany, except one American friend.

Nettie
P.S. I made a scrappier quilt like this, with a navy background. You can see it on my blog.

Nettie hat gesagt…

Here's a link, since i'm not sure if it's easy to find (I'm also new to blogging)

http://quiltingbear.blogspot.com/2007/02/this-is-quilt-i-made-for-dirt-friendly.html

.

 
site design by designer blogs