THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Pattern Choices for the modern Quilter

Dienstag, 27. September 2011

Lots of you let me know that my last post – colors for a more masculine quilt – made them curious about which pattern I’ll eventually choose.

And here it is! It should be something simple everybody, even a beginner, could sew (men: we are willing to spoil you with a quilt, but only up to a certain degree…). And it should look modern, straight and not too feminine. I came up with the ZigZag. What do you think? Would your sweetheart love it?

Did you ever make a zigzag quilt? Link to pictures in your comment, cause I’m curious about all the variations…


This was my inspirational photo

and this is what I ended up with
pattern choices
 

Einige kommentierten nach meinem letzten Post über die Farbwahl für einen eher maskulinen Quilt, dass sie neugierig sind, welches Muster ich dazu auswählen würde.

Hier ist es also- es sollte etwas sehr einfaches sein, was sogar eine Anfängerin nähen kann (Männer, wir verwöhnen Euch gerne mal mit einem Quilt, aber alles natürlich in Maßen…). Und es sollte modern, gradlinig, nicht unbedingt feminin aussehen. Ich hab mich für dieses Zickzackmuster entschieden. Was meinst du? Würde dieser Quilt deinem Herzbuben gefallen?

Hast du schon mal einen Zichzackquilt genäht? Wenn ja, dann poste doch einen Link in den Kommentaren, ich bin neugierig auf sämtliche Varianten…

3 Kommentare:

Sequana hat gesagt…

Never made a zigzag (so far) but I have saved a couple of shortcuts to make one. When I do make one, I'm pretty sure I'll try one of those first.

Your palette looks really nice in this pattern.

btw....I'm about halfway thru my version of the Puzzle-Box as we speak. It's fun to do.

Esch House Quilts hat gesagt…

I like your version of zig zag - your triangles are from rectangles rather than the more common squares - I like the way this stretches out the zig zag.

Mary hat gesagt…

I made one several months ago, from half square triangles. I do like your version, too! Copy and paste this to see mine...

http://addicted-to-fabric.blogspot.com/2011/11/back-from-my-quilting-retreat.html

.

 
site design by designer blogs